San Francisco, CA
- Christy Funsch in performance at Meridian Gallery #SF #dance #performance t.co/wmFJyYCNu7
- Peiling Kao responding to #AbbyLeigh paintings at Meridian. t.co/7Mz4RTUORk
- Thanks to @guerrerogallery @ybca @asianartmuseum @karaQsmith @caradefabio for your tweets today on #ArtandTech!
- @guerrerogallery @asianartmuseum @SFMOMA @sfbos @ybca @SFAC Good idea. The more they know, the more tech would want to get involved!
- Don't forget to attend our #dance performance tonight! t.co/PtqZkCLAOX
|Earth Music - Ten Years of Meridian Music: Composers In PerformanceiTunes Artist's PageiTunes Album Page|
|2.||Quarter Turn (Excerpt)||06:26||$0.99|
|4.||Lines for Trio (To Paul Klee)||03:56||$0.99|
|5.||Pauline's Solo (1993:1999) [Excerpt]||04:03||$0.99|
|6.||All Chords Stand for Other Chords (Excerpt)||06:26||$0.99|
|10.||Improvisation (With San Francisco Sounds)||06:47||$0.99|
|12.||Microtonic Meditations for Endings and Beginnings: II. Scherzo||03:44||$0.99|
|13.||Comp. 10n and Comp. 110||05:48||$0.99|
This compilation features 14 tracks selected from the first ten years of concerts in Meridian Gallery’s monthly New Music concert series, Meridian Music: Composers in Performance. Meridian Music: Composers in Performance was initiated in the fall of 1998 by Meridian Gallery directors Anne Trueblood Brodzky and Anthony Williams along with shakuhachi player Philip Gelb.
Brodzky and Williams envisioned extending the programming of the downtown San Francisco non-profit gallery to include the presenting of New Music. Meridian already had a strong history as an exhibition venue (since 1989), operating under the conviction that significant art increases social, philosophical and spiritual change. Through monthly concerts by diverse composer/performers, both established and emerging, this series seeks to present a wide range of art music from the vital Bay Area scene and beyond.
The series offers audiences music in a variety of idioms and created by a variety of compositional processes (from solo voice to sophisticated multimedia/software processing; from improvisation to "new complexity") in an intimate setting. The musicians themselves come from a wide range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and the series embraces that diversity as well as sonic diversity.