- Vulnerable. Erotic. Treacherous. Hypnotic. Milwaukee has been put under the spell of Temptation’s Snare! t.co/qqY1EVJDTs
- Vulnerable. Erotic. Treacherous. Hypnotic. Milwaukee has been put under the spell of Temptation’s Snare! Only... t.co/H9yvhwKHDR
- First act is over and people are buzzing about #TemptationsSnare
- @NextActTheatre @danceworksmke we can't wait either!
- @HeidiJBoyd we're excited to see you!
|Haunted AmericaiTunes Artist's PageiTunes Album Page|
|2.||Song of Isaiah||13:46||$-1|
|3.||Chamber Concerto: I. Furioso||04:09||$0.99|
|4.||Chamber Concerto: II. Tempestoso||02:53||$0.99|
|5.||Chamber Concerto: III. Amoroso||11:39||$-1|
|6.||Chamber Concerto: IV. Forza Con Fuoco||06:46||$0.99|
|7.||Chamber Concerto: V. Misterioso||06:27||$0.99|
Leave the station wagon in the garage, unpack the picnic basket, and slide that pith helmet back under the bed, where it belongs. Haunted America, the new release from Milwaukee's galactically acclaimed Present Music, provides the musical equivalent of an extended sojourn through an America haunted by grit but ready to shout for joy - minus the sunburn and mosquito bites. From the surprising ebullience of the title track, Jerome Kitzke's elegant post-minimalist meditation on life after 9/11, to the seductive surreality of Finnish wunderkind Kimmo Hakola's Chamber Concerto, by way of Michael Torke's gently ecstatic Song of Isaiah, Haunted America delivers a thoroughly kaleidoscopic listening adventure, courtesy of what might very well be America's most supple New Classical ensemble---and one of its most adventurous.
MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL
The more I hear this work [Kitzke] the more I am persuaded of its greatness. The sheer sonic imagination is astounding. - Tom Strini
MADISON MUSIC REVIEW
Present Music is doing absolutely essential work, pursuing fairly high-risk ventures in an effort to expand our musical sensibilities. - Jess Anderson