Sonic Circuits X
Sonic Circuits X
- New Ting Ting Loft, Cherubim, The Anthony Pirog Sextet, Geodes - March 15 @Pyramid Atlantic - t.co/qktN6ZMbnN
- Sonic Circuits Presents Jason Ajemian's HighLife, Sarah Halpern, Bobby Hill, OOO Trio March 1 Pyramid Atlantic - t.co/rSQnokz65p
- Sonic Circuits Presents Experimental Films & Live Cinema at MLK Library and Goethe Institute This Week - t.co/f0cZUKpV8r
- WEWILLKILLTV micro-doc on 2013 Electronica Fest t.co/2wICJjQHq9 t.co/5EQUnMLdy5
- Andrea Parkins, Janel Leppin, Liz Meredith Saturday Jan 25 @Pyramid Atlantic - t.co/b8tVZkBj1v
|Sonic Circuits XiTunes Artist's PageiTunes Album Page|
|1.||I Don't Like Americans||00:59||$0.99|
|2.||The Moon Camera||03:52||$0.99|
|7.||My Grandfather's Kalimba||10:17||$-1|
|10.||Dhoormages: I. Variation on a Door, Not a Sigh||01:47||$0.99|
|11.||Dhoormages: II. I Am Sitting In A …||02:55||$0.99|
|12.||Dhoormages: III. Waterrun||02:01||$0.99|
As with all its nine predecessors, variety is the key to the American Composers Forum's widely lauded annual festival of electro-acoustic music, Sonic Circuits. The disc from year ten provides ample evidence of the festival's ultramagnetic appeal, bursting as it is with the rare and precious admixture of gravity and levity that juxtaposes the whimsey of Michelle Kinney's "I Don't Like Americans," and "Variations on a Door, Not a Sigh," Jon Christopher Nelson's inspired tribute to Pierre Henry's seminal work, with the mystery of Malte Steiner's "Signale," the narrative depth of pioneering electron wrangler Hans Joachim Roedelius's "Frag's Pferd," and the weapons-grade blastitude of Atsushi Yamaji's "Petsound." Ending the disc with a bang--literally--is Barry Schrader's "816," the sonic equivalent of a furious bumper-car session in a piano factory.
From microsound to meltdown, a compilation less genre-specific than Sonic Circuits X is every bit as hard to imagine as it would be to execute, which is exactly as we like it.