Sonic Circuits X
Sonic Circuits X
- “@owtkri: Get your [ówt krì] demos at Bandcamp. #Free #Downloads t.co/c94V0s0eeM t.co/AVtZAeJutW” see him live Oct3 at scdc14
- What do you get when you mix a double bass, dancers, a fire truck & a bunch of people eating meat? Find out Oct 4 at the scdc14 fest.
- Festival passes on sale now. $50 means $1.66 per act. Pound for pound your entertainment dollar goes farther at Sonic Circuits
- Sonic Circuits Presents Hive Mind, Redrot, Shredded Nerve, Scant, Surak + Hawkins - Aug 1 @Pyramind Atlantic t.co/XlDEmhlN7J
- Wiehle-Reston East to Silver Spring = 61minutes. #planahead #newfaces #noexcuses Sonic Circuits Fest Oct 3-5
|Sonic Circuits XiTunes Artist's PageiTunes Album Page|
|1.||I Don't Like Americans||00:59||$0.99|
|2.||The Moon Camera||03:52||$0.99|
|7.||My Grandfather's Kalimba||10:17||$-1|
|10.||Dhoormages: I. Variation on a Door, Not a Sigh||01:47||$0.99|
|11.||Dhoormages: II. I Am Sitting In A …||02:55||$0.99|
|12.||Dhoormages: III. Waterrun||02:01||$0.99|
As with all its nine predecessors, variety is the key to the American Composers Forum's widely lauded annual festival of electro-acoustic music, Sonic Circuits. The disc from year ten provides ample evidence of the festival's ultramagnetic appeal, bursting as it is with the rare and precious admixture of gravity and levity that juxtaposes the whimsey of Michelle Kinney's "I Don't Like Americans," and "Variations on a Door, Not a Sigh," Jon Christopher Nelson's inspired tribute to Pierre Henry's seminal work, with the mystery of Malte Steiner's "Signale," the narrative depth of pioneering electron wrangler Hans Joachim Roedelius's "Frag's Pferd," and the weapons-grade blastitude of Atsushi Yamaji's "Petsound." Ending the disc with a bang--literally--is Barry Schrader's "816," the sonic equivalent of a furious bumper-car session in a piano factory.
From microsound to meltdown, a compilation less genre-specific than Sonic Circuits X is every bit as hard to imagine as it would be to execute, which is exactly as we like it.