Saint Cloud, MN
- Early Inspirations concert tonight: works by Holdman, Miller, Moore, Rubin, Schaul, Hirabayashi, Broberg, Betinis. t.co/Bhq2tKS6FF
- Composer Justin Rubin on his work "The armed man should be feared... and other lessons from the Renaissance." t.co/3YpVJDqCbl
- Composer/guest blogger Scott Miller on his electroacoustic work "Constortia" based on early music. t.co/mkxHoBMRsh
- Early Inspirations concert coming up this weekend! t.co/w5MskGIEhs
- Composer/guest blogger James Holdman on his work "A Gondola Evades Us" - which we'll play May 17-19 t.co/GIxFXZaOG2
|Shape ShiftingiTunes Artist's PageiTunes Album Page|
|5.||Desire Also Has Its Own Geography||04:43||$0.99|
|9.||Les Cancons de la Sang||06:02||$0.99|
Transformation, morphing from one world to another. Shape Shifting makes Stockhausen’s live electronic manipulation of acoustic instruments seem like the era of the steam train. Scott Miller and his trusty KYMA box are the lubricants in this multi-reality set up where poetry becomes song, marimbas become monsters, and images float behind your eyelids. The center cannot hold, so let go and allow Zeitgeist, the premiere new music ensemble, guide you through the dreamworld.
A sonic bath with a sense of place, whether it be it an ambient underwater plunk or the thin-whistle mountaintop wind. It started off in Minnesota where the artists live, but we ain’t there any more; we are learning to swim.