In Bone-Colored Light
In Bone-Colored Light
Saint Paul, MN
- This Saturday, April 19 - The Cory Healey 4tet Cory Healey - drums Eric Fratke - bass Zacc Harris - guitar Jake... t.co/3RFSe81BUl
- Congrats to John Luther Adams on winning the 2014 Pulitzer Prize! We look forward to presenting his work... t.co/scUNr8QsXF
- The New Ruckus Composer night tomorrow night with music by Elizabeth Alexander, Michael McGee, Joe Dolson, and... t.co/Vafe2WwnRZ
- We've had so much fun performing works by George Crumb this weekend! One more concert this afternoon at 2:00!... t.co/QLcN7zyhTl
- Two more chances to hear music by George Crumb at our Early Music Festival! Join us at Studio Z tonight at 7:30,... t.co/TePEtuyQ2O
|Zeitgeist: In Bone-Colored LightiTunes Artist's PageiTunes Album Page|
|1.||Lucky Dreams (version for bass clarinet, piano, and 2 percussions)||08:11||$0.99|
|2.||Into the Same River: I. A||03:06||$0.99|
|3.||Into the Same River: II. B||01:31||$0.99|
|4.||Into the Same River: III. C||02:15||$0.99|
|5.||Into the Same River: IV. D||00:58||$0.99|
|6.||Into the Same River: V. E||02:17||$0.99|
|7.||Into the Same River: VI. F||01:47||$0.99|
|8.||In Bone Colored Light||18:08||$-1|
|10.||Angles of Repose: I. Angle of Displacement||06:24||$0.99|
|11.||Angles of Repose: II. Forlorn Angles||04:11||$0.99|
|12.||Angles of Repose: III. Angle of Acceleration||06:57||$0.99|
In Bone-Colored Light features a collection of works created for Zeitgeist in the first decade of the new millennium. As an aural portrait of our artistic work of the last 10 years, it reveals the fertile creative relationships we forged and the aesthetic concerns that piqued our artistic curiosity.
As performers, our relationship with these works and the people who created them has been spiritually enlivening, intellectually challenging and joyously transformative.
Each of these works is remarkable, and the artistic voice resonating through each is undeniably singular. As a collection, they represent our zeitgeist. Performed by Heather Barringer, percussion; Patti Cudd; percussion; Pat O'Keefe, woodwinds; and Shannon Wettstein, piano, In Bone-Colored Light features new music composed by Anthony Gatto, Kathy Jackanich, Jerome Kitzke, Ivo Medek and Ethan Wickman.
On this album the folks in Zeitgeist take on the works of some of their favorite composers. In Bone-Colored Light features compositions by six composers: Anthony Gatto, Ivo Medek, Jerome Kitzke, Kathy Jackanich, and Ethan Wickman. These recordings were obviously a labor of love. Zeitgeist is Heather Barringer (percussion), Patti Cudd (percussion), Pat O'Keefe (woodwinds), and Shannon Wettstein (piano). These four individuals spent a great deal of time meticulously recording and mixing these pieces...the precise attention to detail is obvious. Some of these tracks are melodic and somewhat accessible...while others are experimental and bizarre. Challenging music with a distinctly different flavor. This music is remarkably fluid and resonant. Hard to compare this one to anything else or make comparisons (?). The folks at Innova Recordings continue to blow our minds year after year after year... Top pick.